ScanSource (“ScanSource” or “we”) respects your concerns about privacy. This Online Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) applies to personal data we collect on www.scansource.eu (the “Site”). The Notice describes the types of personal data we obtain, how we use the personal data, and with whom we share it. We also describe the rights you may have and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
ScanSource. is the data controller in respect of personal data that we collect through the Site or that you provide to us. Our contact details can be found at the How To Contact Us section at the end of this Notice.
We may collect personal data that you choose to provide to us through the Site, including, but not limited to, your first and last name, physical address, e-mail address, or telephone number, such as when you:
• Fill out a form on the Site;
• Sign-up to receive direct marketing communications on the Site;
• Sign-up to a feature that we offer on the Site and you provide your personal data in connection with that feature;
• Attend an event that we or one of our affiliates or partners has organised; or
• Communicate with us (for example, on a social media platform or by sending us an email. When you visit our Site, we also may collect certain information by automated means using technologies such as cookies, non-cookie-based tokens, web server logs, tracking pixels, and web beacons. For further information regarding our use of such technologies, please see section 7 of this Notice below.
We may also collect personal data in other contexts that we will notify you of at the time.
2. Information We Obtain
Information That You Provide to Us
Personal data that you provide directly to us will be apparent from the context in which you provide it, for example:
• If you fill out a form on our Site, you will generally provide your name, contact details and any other information requested by the form, such as the reason for your enquiry or your product preferences;
• If you sign up to receive electronic marketing communications from us, you will generally provide your name, email address and other contact information, and your product preferences;
• If you sign up to a feature on our Site, you will generally provide your name and contact information and any other information necessary to access the feature.
• Each form on our Site varies in the information required and collected. In most cases, an asterisk (*) indicates the required information on a form. You may choose to provide additional information within fields that are not required.
Information That We Collect Automatically
Our web servers may log information such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The web server logs may also record information such as the address of the web page that referred you to our Site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. They may also log information about your interaction with the Sites, such as which pages you visit. To control which web servers collect information by automated means, we may place tags called “web beacons” — small files that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies. We may also collect information from your browser, such as your browsing history, and use it in conjunction with data gathered from forms and e-mails to help us understand and respond to your needs.
> Social Media Widgets
The Site includes social media functions, such as the Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook widgets. These widgets may collect information about which pages you visit on the Site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. The widgets may also set a cookie to ensure the features are functioning properly.
Social media functions and widgets are hosted either by a third party or directly on the Site. Your interactions with the social media functions and widgets located on the Site are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. If you use any of the social media functions or widgets on our Site, we strongly suggest you review the privacy policies of the companies that provide those functions and features.
> LinkedIn Members
If you are a LinkedIn member and you visit our Site from LinkedIn, our Site may use tracking pixels — transparent graphic images placed on web pages — which, in combination with cookies, collect information contained within your LinkedIn profile as well as your access of and interaction with the web pages that contain the pixels. ScanSource may work with LinkedIn to provide Sponsored Updates and advertisements to your LinkedIn news feed. If you complete a form on our Site you may receive Sponsored InMails in your LinkedIn email account based on your visits to the Site and your perceived interests. To learn how to opt out of Sponsored InMail, navigate to Privacy & Settings in your LinkedIn account, and follow guidance provided to turn on/off Partner InMail to disable Sponsored InMails.
3. How We Use Information That We Obtain
Information That You Provide to Us
We may use personal data that you provide to us to respond to your inquiry, for example, to contact you about your request, ask a question, provide announcements about products and future events, conduct surveys, consider your application for employment, and contact you for other reasons related to offering and improving our services. We use the personal data for these purposes because we have a legitimate business interest in providing services to our customers and other interested individuals that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms to protect personal data about you.
In addition to the uses discussed above, we may also use the personal data you provide on our Site to:
• operate, evaluate, and improve our business;
• develop new products and services;
• perform market research;
• advertise and market the products and services we sell;
• determine the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing;
• analyze our products, services, and websites;
• administer the Site.
We use the personal data for the purposes described above because we have a legitimate interest in operating and improving our business that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms to protect personal data about you.
We may also use the information to protect against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities and to comply with or enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies and terms. We use personal data for these purposes when it is necessary to protect, exercise or defend our legal rights, or when we are required to do so by law that applies to us.
Other Uses of Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal data that you provide to us or that we collect for other purposes. Where that is the case, we will provide an additional privacy notice to you that describes the purposes for which we will use the personal data and our legal basis for doing so.
4. Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal data that you provide to us or that we collect on our Site, except as described here. We may share personal data you provide to us or that we collect on the Site with the following parties for the purposes described in this Notice:
• Other companies in the ScanSource group; and
• service providers that perform services on our behalf.
We may share personal data with service providers that perform services on our behalf such as payment service providers, analytics providers, hosting providers and advisers. All service providers have entered into legally binding agreements requiring them to use or disclose personal data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with applicable legal requirements.
In addition, we may disclose personal data about you (a) if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, for example due to a court order or a request from a law enforcement agency, (b) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (c) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or other illegal activity, and (d) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
5. Data Transfers
We may transfer the personal data that we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the personal data originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the personal data. When we transfer your personal data to recipients in other countries (such as the U.S.), we will protect that personal data as described in this Notice.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to recipients in countries outside of the EEA and Switzerland. In all such cases, we will only transfer your personal data if:
• The country to which the personal data will be transferred has been granted a European Commission adequacy decision; or
• The recipient of the personal data is located in the U.S. and has certified to the US-EU Privacy Shield Framework; or
• We have put in place appropriate safeguards in respect of the transfer, for example the EU Model Contracts.
You may request a copy of the safeguards that we have put in place in respect of transfers of personal data by contacting us as described in the How To Contact Us section below.
6. How Long We Keep Information
The time period for which we keep personal data depends on the purpose for which we collected it. In all cases we keep it for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. We will then delete the personal data, unless we are legally required to retain it or if we need to retain it in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example, for tax and accounting purposes).
Subject to any applicable legal requirements, we typically retain personal data as follows:
• Personal data you provide to us through our Site: we keep this personal data for as long as necessary in order to respond to your request, and for a short further period in case you send us further requests.
• Personal data you provide when you sign-up to receive direct marketing communications: we keep most of this personal data for the duration of our relationship with you until you opt-out or we do not have any contact with you for a long period of time.
• Personal data collected for analytics purposes: we keep this personal data for a short period of time necessary for us to carry out the analytics.
• Website logs: we keep Site audit logs, which may contain your personal data, for several months.
Certain pages on our Site contain "web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as IP address, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, timestamps, browser type, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
Categories Of Cookies And Other Automated Technologies
• Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for our Site to operate properly and facilitate your use of its features. Without these cookies, certain services cannot be provided. These cookies help us understand information, such as your session ID and other server authentication information. This category of cookies should not be disabled. If you use your browser settings to block them, we cannot guarantee your security or predict how our website will perform during your visit.
• Analytics Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors interact with our website, such as what pages you visit and if any errors have occurred. The information is used to improve how our websites function. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you but generate statistical data about your use of our website. We use Google Analytics. The service registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how visitors use our website. If you want to opt out of our use of Google Analytics please click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
• Functional Cookies
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced and more personal features. They capture information such as the pages you have browsed or products you have viewed so that we can improve your browsing experience. They can also be used to remember changes made to parts of our website that you can customise. The information gathered by functional cookies is de-identified and not linked to information about how visitors use other websites.
• Advertising Cookies
Advertising cookies may be used to deliver ads that we believe are relevant to your interests. We may use advertising cookies to customize the advertising and content you receive on the site and conduct market research. They can also be used to limit the number of times users see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They can be placed on a device by us or by a third party with our consent.
You can manage cookies through your web browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking "help" on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features.
The following external links will explain how to manage cookies for the most common browsers:
• Internet Explorer
• Microsoft Edge
• Google Chrome
In addition to the browser-based controls, you can manage third party cookies by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices/ and www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
8. Your Rights and Choices
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, you may have the following rights in relation to personal data that we hold about you:
• To request confirmation of whether we process personal data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that personal data;
• To request that we rectify or update your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated.
• To request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where we collected personal data on the basis of your consent and you withdraw your consent;
• To request that we restrict the use of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as while we consider another request that you have submitted, for example a request that we update your personal data;
• To object to our processing of personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
• Where you have given us consent to process your personal data, to withdraw your consent; and
• To request that we provide a copy of your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format in certain circumstances.
You may contact us by e-mail or as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below to exercise your rights described above.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in your country.
9. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice or any issue relating to how we collect, use, or disclose personal data, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, you may contact us:
>By e-mail at: Legal-Europe@scansource.eu
>In writing at:
ScanSource Europe SPRL
Avenue du Bourget 44
Attention: Head of Legal
In Germany, You may contact our Data Protection Officer for Germany by email at: DPO-Germany@scansource.eu